The Life of a Domestic Goddess

Happenings in my life and my thoughts of being a nutty mother of three spirited children. Art. Love. Good times and hard. In a nut shell...life through my eyes.

Friday, July 10, 2009

Tuning In

I wanted to go and see the Hanna Montana movie yesterday but my children did not want to. Come on! They are children for goodness sake! The question was asked by another adult, "Why do you want to see the movie?" My reply was "Because I want to see how the story works out." Which is really true. But then as I was thinking later, long after I had left the conversation opportunity, on why I did want to see it. This usually is a typical occurrence in my life, things happen then WAY later I have the perfect answer or comeback.

Anyway, I am thinking I'm pining for the days that I never was a tweeny bopper. Not that you have to be one to see the movies or hear the music or watch the Channel on any of those things! But to really live! Toss-your- hair-behind-you-and-frolick-in-the-grassy-fields-with-no-worries-on-your-mind-except-where-to-find-the-next-frog kind of living! Though as I have said before, I have a child's mind trapped inside an adult life kind of issue. Which is a Huge issue because my body hurts and I am tired all the time! And I am only 34!!!! But I guess if you add the 3 and 4 together you get the age 7. Sounds about right to me! Probably my husband also!!

Needless to say I did not see the movie but watched Race to Witch Mountain with my boys while Laura and her friend saw 17 Again. I did like the movie except for the hooligans throwing POP-Its during the first part of the movie and no movie on the screen. But thank goodness both were taken care of and it all worked out even if I had to keep those hooligans in a head lock for the first 56 minutes! Luckily I have Amazon Princess strength and a keen sense of justice. (Tho my children may disagree on the last quality I just mentioned.)

Well duty calls now. My red phone just rang and I need to twirl and jump into my invisable jet!




No comments:

Post a Comment