The Life of a Domestic Goddess

Happenings in my life and my thoughts of being a nutty mother of three spirited children. Art. Love. Good times and hard. In a nut shell...life through my eyes.

Sunday, July 26, 2009

tick, tock, tick, tock...



Time just keeps on going where ever we be or however things are.

I tend to have mixed feelings at the thought of ticking clocks. For instance, I would be quite out of my mind if a bomb wrapped around my body or another person's body was ticking . A boring class or a long drive in the car brings joy to my heart as the ticks and tocks go by.

Isn't it funny how we always wish time would speed up or slow down at certain moments in our life? Always hoping to get there at tomorrow's dreams and leave today's behind.

If today were tomorrow, would we want yesterday?

Yeah, I'm lost too! I guess I let the philosopher gain control of my thinking. But the part about losing my mind about ticking bombs is true.

Summer is half over. No major holidays to be had but it has been great getting things organized in our barn. The children have been homebodies anyway.

But I do ask myself, "Where is the adventure in it all?"

My answer, "You need to make your own adventures in life! No matter where you live, what your circumstances are, or who you are. The point is to LIVE!"

(dope, the philosopher took command again. I think it must be the heat!!!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment