The Life of a Domestic Goddess

Happenings in my life and my thoughts of being a nutty mother of three spirited children. Art. Love. Good times and hard. In a nut shell...life through my eyes.

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Dinner Anyone?

I have the hardest time cooking dinner in the summer. Though I admit I get lazy about it in the cooler months also. I just forget or I am too hot! Then I panic and find something easy, like breakfast, for dinner. Where is the nutrition? I just pray a lot that we may be nourished and have strength. Last night was the best dinner yet. We went to Coldstone. I had peanut butter in mine so there was my protein. Dan had the Strwberry Blonde which did have fruit! What about the children you ask? It was a loss cause. Laura had cake batter icecream with cookie dough in it, Parley had cotton candy, and Preston enjoyed his watermelon sherbert. At least we all had our dairy right?!
But really, in the Wilson household having our daily dairy is not a problem. We go through 5 gallons of milk a week and that does not include me, I drink soy now. Yogurt is a staple too.

I am asking myself, "Why would you want to know our dairy habits anyway?"

I was thinking, maybe I have a form of Autism. I get to overly focused on a project and it is SOOOO hard to switch to another. Or maybe the multipersonalities diagnosis is really true. Hmmmm. I need to reevalute who I really am. Maybe it is not hard to switch from project to project, but personality to personality. Okay, I am freaking myself out now. I will move on quickly.

Okay then!

Dear Preston set the alarm of this morning. It is a daily event at our household. A few weeks ago we had a system put in and we are having the darnest time remembering about the motion detecter when we get up in the morning. After Dan leaves to go to work he always sets the door alarm and the motion. I love him dearly but stop with setting the motion already. I have to tear out of bed and fly downstairs to quick disarm it. A couple of weeks ago the motion was set off (big shocker there!) by one of us and we did not turn it off in time. I get a call from the security place and they ask for a "Code Word". Hmmmm. I never was told anything about a "Code Word". After I get off the phone with them I try to call Danny. They ask him the same question about the "Code Word". He is at a loss also. So I need to prepare for the police to come and check things out. Mind you, it is early morning, I am in my p.j.s and not wanting to put a bra on because I just had surgery. Dan said he will try to cancel the police visit. Luckily my hair was not sticking straight up and my lipstick was still on from the day before. (Its the long lasting kind from revelon). Every one knows we must look good for a man in uniform, right! Hence, the police did come and I was embarrassed and felt bad for wasting their time. Very graciously they said don't be sorry, it is a big deal about a break in, so no problem. (It must have been the lipstick!) Dan called about a minute after they left and told me he got it canceled so the police would not come. Too late I said. But at least we know the "code word" now.


2 comments:

  1. I am having so much fun reading your blog. I am addicted to it already. You are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your story about the Radio made me laugh out loud! That is something that I would do then laugh about it for days! Thanks for the story and I love the Blog!

    ReplyDelete