The Life of a Domestic Goddess

Happenings in my life and my thoughts of being a nutty mother of three spirited children. Art. Love. Good times and hard. In a nut shell...life through my eyes.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I am from the Olden Days


So I must admit between Rehearsals for "Broadway Review" that my church is doing, trying to keep up on my house and my family and my garden, family in town and going out of town and just life!, I haven't been good about blogging.

Thus, catch up time!!

A funny thing happened, our monitor died. Why it is funny because my husband had to dig out our original IBM monitor from 1997 and it still works!


My children were complaining about life with out the computer,
how there is nothing to do, or nothing is fun.

My six year old, Preston, was the biggest complainer
because he was concerned he could not check his email.

Hmmmmm, is something wrong with that?
I then to proceed to tell them that we did not have a computer when I was a child. We went out and played and built forts and kept ourselves entertained. Heck, we didn't have cable, or satellite, or even VHS!
Preston piped up, clearly still upset, "Well, that was in the olden days!"
Parley then added, "Well we can't build a fort because I can't use the drill!"

When and How did this happen?
I am from the the olden days!

No comments:

Post a Comment